Spin the tires on D8 in this interactive workshop on Drupal module development
As developers, the foundation of Drupal has been fundamentally changing. With the advent of D8 we are exposed to an improved programming environment for our projects. In this session we will explore some of what to expect when developing modules in Drupal 8 while getting hands on with stackstarter.io
The goal of this talk to illustrate the basics of Drupal 8 module development. Upon the completion each person will leave with a working module and better understanding of practical D8 module development concepts and practices.
Areas of exploration:
- Explore the fundamental changes
- Symfony components overview
- Review of the motivation behind these changes (off the island mind frame)
- Explore the structure of a Drupal 8 module.
- Review basic file structure
- Take a look at some core D8 modules.
- Review menu system changes and the new routing layer.
- A look at the Form API and compare a D7 vs D8 form.
- A look at the Block API and compare a D7 vs D8 block implementation.
- End with a review for further exploration:
- Composer / Packagist world