Spin the tires on D8 in this interactive session on Drupal site building
Drupal 8 is here and with it comes some new and exciting changes. The site building component in D8 is chock full of new features and a fresh new look. In this session we will explore some of what to expect when site building in Drupal 8 while getting hands on with stackstarter.io
Areas of exploration:
- Views in core
- Content Types (Form displays and new layout)
- New Fields in core (Telephone, Email, Date, Link, Entity Reference)
- Display Modes (View modes and Form modes)
- Image handling, Text formats, Inline Editing and WYSIWYG
- Block types
- Configuration Management
- Contact Form
- Review some of modules removed from core
- Review some of the D7 contrib modules we no longer need.
The key takeaway from this talk will illustrate that the changes made to the site building layer in Drupal 8 allow us to do a whole lot more out of the box with core as opposed to requiring a full stack of various contributed modules.