Entities from Core to Custom
Entities were introduced into Drupal with Drupal 7 and allow easy access to and manipulation of Core data. They power such contributed initiatives as the Media module and can be a powerful means of organizing data for custom modules. This session will give an overview of how Entities work in Drupal and how you can implement them in your code.
- Entity Concepts in D8
- Getting the most from D8 Core Entities
- Smarter Modules with Custom Entities
Attendees at this session will:
- Learn how Entities work in Drupal 8.
- Understand how Entity methods can make their code more readable and maintainable.
- Gain the confidence to implement custom entities in their own modules
Slides and sample code are available for download at http://shawnduncan.org/entities-core-custom The slides can be viewed in browser at http://talks.shawnduncan.org/entity_talk/#/overview